The Glen at Valley Creek
The Glen at Valley Creek is the latest addition to our portfolio of housing for independent seniors 62 years and older. The Glen is located in the heart of Woodbury, across from the Tamarack Nature Preserve and a short drive (or walk!) to the YMCA, Central Park, the public library, and all the shopping and dining that makes Woodbury a destination for residents of the east metro and western Wisconsin.
How many apartments are there?
The Glen provides 42 apartment homes, in one-bedroom and two-bedroom layouts. Here’s a look at the typical layouts, though some floor plans will vary from this a bit.
What types of age-friendly features will the apartments include?
The Glen has been thoughtfully designed to meet the needs of independent seniors as those needs evolve over time. The Glen will offer:
- Design features like in-home laundry, walk-in closets, and wide hallways and doorways that can accommodate mobility assistance devices (like walkers and wheelchairs)
- Bathrooms that include grab bars, and showers with handheld faucets and seats
- A separate room with a walk-in soaking tub, that can be reserved for both relaxation and for therapeutic use
- An elevator serving all floors and underground parking, so residents don’t have to get snow and ice off their cars in winter
What community features are included?
We believe that sustaining existing relationships and creating new friendships is an important part of aging well. We’ve made sure there are comfortable and diverse options when it comes to gathering places.
- A shared community room with kitchenette where you can meet for your morning coffee
- A screened-in porch to enjoy a mosquito-free summer evening and chat with your neighbors
- A separate room for residents to host larger gatherings for holiday meals, book clubs, or game nights
- A comfortable lounge with a fireplace and television
- A fitness room with weights, cardio machines, and enough space for yoga, meditation, or small group workouts
- An activity room where you and the grandkids can do arts and crafts
Is this assisted living? Are there services provided on-site?
The Glen is designed for individuals who can live independently, and we do not provide assisted living services to residents. However, The Glen at Valley Creek is unique among other independent senior communities in that service coordinators are available on-site to help residents with a variety of matters. Whether you are considering signing up for home-based services like housekeeping or in-home health care, need help arranging a ride to a doctor’s appointment, or just want to see what kinds of community resources are available for tax preparation, we will help you make the connection. Our goal is to support seniors in aging well and maintain their independence in whatever ways are practical.
Are there income requirements?
As with the rest of our agency’s housing portfolio, potential residents will have to demonstrate that their income is at or below a certain percentage of the area’s median income.
If I’m interested in living here, or know someone who is, how do I express my interest?
Our agency’s property manager, Shelter Corporation, is handling all inquiries from potential residents. Please call them at 651-714-9190, and they can provide additional details about the leasing process, income requirements, etc. Based on our history with previous developments, interest tends to ramp up quickly the closer the building gets to completion, so if you or someone you know is interested, we would encourage you to call sooner rather than later.